This is probably not the best time to start something new, considering I will be going on holiday shortly, but hey! one has to start somewhere.
I do a fair bit of web surfing with the stumbleupon toolbar and often find awesome websites, which I bookmark in http://delicious/lookatbowen or add to my Google bookmarks or add the websites RSS feed to my Netvibes page and follow the news and updates from there. I did a post recently on Netvibes – check it out!
Anyway, I am going to put my top 5 websites in a post every week now against the category ‘Awihsutw!’ which stands for ‘Awesome websites I have stumbled upon this week!’ <original category hey!>
Here are this weeks top 5:
- Veryicon.com – I’ve been looking for PNG icons for a custom google map I am working on and this site has the most amazing collection of icons. There are thousands of icons to choose. You would be hard pressed not to find the icon you are looking for!
- One guy, three girls – is about a guy called Jason who is an IT project manager by day, a husband and father of 2 girls by night, and a wannabe violin soloist and photographer in between. His home is in the friendly city of Perth in Western Australia. His blog contains little stories about his life – living with 3 females, going out, travel, my hobbies like making music on the violin, photography, swing dancing.
- Momentary Awe – is a photography blog – This guy has the most amazing photographs. Below is an example of what I am talking about.
- eHow | How To Do Just About Anything – as the name suggests there are tons of posts, articles, video, text solutions on just about anything. For example if you have a Mac and want to know how to RAR a file just click the link and it will tell you. In this day and age there is no excuse to not knowing how to do something.
- Dumb Little Man – Tips for life – because everyone needs a litte advice from time to time. The site often does a top 5 or top 10 list. It’s aimed at all walks of life and I often send a list around the office. Here are some examples from their site: