As the subject suggests our flight from Mexico in April was delayed by 30 hours. The airline was not entirely helpful in terms of offering us compensation.
I did a few searches online to see who could take my case and Airhelp accepted.
- Their website is great. it is easy to find information and everything is clearly explained. Check out the know your rights page.
- You tell them your flight details and they will tell you if your claim is valid. It turned out my claim was valid because it was delayed by more than 3 hours and it was not down to nature, although we did have some of that as well.
- There are no fees unless they win the case, otherwise it is 25%.
- The sign up process was easy.
- Communication was very good. They emailed me every step of the way and answered all my questions promptly.
- It took less than two months to complete.
- Payment was equally fast when I heard we had won our case. We got €1200 (less their 25% fee). Payment was arranged through Payoneer.com and I got it instantly.
I highly recommend Airhelp.com if your flight is delayed by greater than 3 hours and is between an EU and non-EU airport.