Using the Nokia Bluetooth Headset BH-217.
I have had the Nokia Bluetooth Headset BH-217 for a week now on trial from WomWorld/Nokia and I must say I am impressed with it’s call quality, ease of use, the size and weight of the device as it is hardly noticeable when on your ear. It can be worn on either ear by turning or adjusting the plastic ear hooks.
- I did have a small issue with the earplugs and plastic ear loop.
- The earplug didn’t seem to fit properly and I tried all three sizes with little success. However once in the ear it was fine, but it was mostly hit and miss.
- The ear loop sizes (Large & Small) both seemed too small for me. Perhaps I have big ears (hehe). It took a bit of fiddling to get it around the ear. I didn’t really care for the plastic either. It felt brittle and cheap.
- When the headset is in the carrying clip, the clip itself is too close to the ear piece and if your fingers are slightly large, you would have difficultly squeezing it open.
- Once in the ear, the headset was hardly noticeable because it’s so small (dimensions: 50.5 x 17 x 6.2 mm) and light (7.6 grams).
- When a call comes in, you can answer the call by single pressing the multi-function button on the headset or pressing your green call button on your phone. Either way the sound is heard through the headset.
- Ending a call can be done by pressing the multi-function button on the headset or on your phone. Very simple.
- It switches on and connects automatically when you take it out the holder and switches off when you put it back. You can also switch the headset off by holding in the multi-function button for about 5 seconds.
- I am not sure how long it took to charge, as I did it at night, but according to the manual a fully charged battery has up to 5 hours of talk time . If the headset is kept in the clip or car cradle it will last up to 3 months on standby time. (Impressive).
- While I was setting up the pairing I noticed a voice guidance being played back through the speaker. The device has a female voice telling you how to pair, what code to use etc.
- I was able to connect two devices at the same time. (below is photo showing my Nokia N900 an Blackberry Bold 9700 connected at the same time). This a great feature and I was pleasantly surprised that a £26 device could achieve this while my £260 Nokia Bluetooth BH-905 couldn’t!
- Volume adjustment is done from the phone.
- Connectors: Nokia 2 mm charger connector interface.
- According to the manual it has an operating range (maximum) of 10m although I got a little more than that, but the sound quality was breaking up a lot.
- Power supply: 45 mAh Li-ion Polymer rechargeable battery.
- You can use the headset while it’s charging. I tested this in the car and at home at my desk.
Additional Information taken from the manual.
- Operating keys: Remove/replace the headset in the clip or car cradle to power on/off and answer/end calls, Multifunction key for power on/off and answer/end
- DSP noise reduction, Adaptive volume adjustment, Voice guidance to assist in pairing the headset, and for battery and connection status indication.
- Bluetooth version: 2.1 with enhanced data rate (EDR).
- Bluetooth profiles: Handsfree profile (HFP) 1.5, Headset profile (HSP) 1.1, Advanced Multipoint, Automatically connects to phone when activated
- Sales package contents: Nokia Bluetooth Headset BH-217, Carrying clip and car cradle, Nokia Charger AC-3, Two earplugs (size S and L), Two ear hooks (size M and L), User Guide.
Short Video showing simultaneous connection.
We are Mike and Jo Bowen. Originally from South Africa, we now live & work in the United Kingdom. Mike is the blogger, beer drinker, gadget man, reviewer and Jo is the proofreader, wine drinker, cat lady, sanity checker and “don’t you dare put that on lookatbowen.com“. Together we travel the world and have fun wherever possible. If you are new to this website and want to know more about us, check out the the longer version.
- Advice (62)
- Animals (18)
- Beer (12)
- Blog (8)
- Book (2)
- Bowen (400)
- Brands (194)
- Drone (5)
- Humour (108)
- IoT (3)
- Home Automation (3)
- Music (64)
- NYE (8)
- People (68)
- Reaction (53)
- Research (1)
- Shares (6)
- Sport (100)
- Technology (69)
- Video (96)
- World (105)